Safety & Employment
Employment – Join our team
- CDL Class A Drivers in:
- Davenport, Iowa
- Chicago, Illinois
- Holland, Michigan
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Kendallville, Indiana
- Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
- And in Southern Ohio/Kentucky!
Apply NOW to work at General Logistics
Not sure you qualify for General Logistics? Pre-Apply Now!
Minimum Driver Underwriting & Hiring Guidelines
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier guidelines.
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver License with proper endorsements, within the state of residence.
- No current license suspension or revocation
- A work permit is not acceptable
- No serious or disqualifying traffic violations within the last 3 (three) years as follows:
- Excessive speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 15 m.p.h or more above the posted speed limit.
- Reckless driving, as defined by state or local law or regulation, including but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
- Improper or erratic lane changes.
- Following the vehicle ahead too closely.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or failure to report and accident.
- No more then 4 (four) moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more then 2 (two) moving violations in the previous 12 months.
- No preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene of the accident or disabling damage within three (3) years. Disabling damage means damage severe enough that the motor vehicle cannot be driven from the scene of an accident during daylight hours after simple repairs. This includes a damaged vehicle that is drive-able but doing so would further damage the vehicle.
- A minimum of 2 (two) years experience in the operation of a tractor/trailer equipment.
- Must be 23 years of age.
General Logistics Safety Awards
Transportation Safety Awards
- 2010 Platinum National Safety Award, Presented by “Great West Casualty Company”
- 2011 Gold National Safety Award, Presented by “Great West Casualty Company”
- 2012 Gold National Safety Award, Presented by “Great West Casualty Company”
- 2013 Gold National Safety Award, Presented by “Great West Casualty Company”
- 2014 Gold National Safety Award, Presented by “Great West Casualty Company”
Workplace Safety Awards
- 2013 Gold Workplace Safety Award, Presented by “Great West Casualty”
- 2014 Platinum Workplace Safety Award, Presented by “Great West Casualty”
The certificates below are intended to be informational in nature and do not confer any coverage or protection to any party viewing the certificates. A certificate must be issued by the appropriate agent broker to a specific named certificate holder to provide any protection afforded under the policies listed on the certificates to such certificate holder.
General Safety Tips & Area Safety Meetings
U.S. Energy Information Administration – Diesel Fuel Updated
Motor Carrier Safety Measurement System
NOAA National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Federal Highway Administration – National Traffic and Road Closure Information