Minimum Driver Underwriting & Hiring Guidelines
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier guidelines.
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver License with proper endorsements, within the state of residence.
- No current license suspension or revocation
- A work permit is not acceptable
- No serious or disqualifying traffic violations within the last 3 (three) years as follows:
- Excessive speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 15 m.p.h or more above the posted speed limit.
- Reckless driving, as defined by state or local law or regulation, including but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
- Improper or erratic lane changes.
- Following the vehicle ahead too closely.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs in the past five (5) years.
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or failure to report and accident.
- Violating federal, state, local law or regulation prohibiting texting while driving
- Violating federal state, local law or regulation restricting or prohibiting the use of any hand-held mobile device while driving
- No more than four (4) moving violations in the past 36 months and no more than two (2) moving violations in the past 12 months.
- No preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene of the accident or disabling damage within three (3) years. Disabling damage means damage severe enough that the motor vehicle cannot be driven from the scene of an accident during daylight hours after simple repairs. This includes a damaged vehicle that is drive-able but doing so would further damage the vehicle.
- A minimum of 2 (two) years experience in the operation of a tractor/trailer equipment.
- Must be 23 years of age.